Memories...old and new!...http://www.moendm.smugmug.com/

Wednesday, October 15, 2008...Southwest Trip

Wednesday, October 15, 2008
Richardson, Texas - 74 degrees, sunny, cloudy and rainy throughout the day
(click on pictures to enlarge)

We woke up around 7:00am this morning...breakfast was at 7:45am (meals are great). We are staying in a guest room at the El Dorado Retirement Residence, where my mother's sister and her husband reside, in Richardson, Texas. This is my morning view taken through a screen. The weather today was cloudy, sunny, cloudy most of the morning and rainy this afternoon...was also very humid. We had a very enjoyable day in spite of the weather.


This is a picture of the El Dorado Retirement Residence in Richardson, Texas. The El Dorado has 102 apartments, with a large dining room, activity room, computer room, library, billiards room (with pool table), exercise room, and a fully equipped residence kitchen for anyone interested in cooking.

This is the TV room...


The computer room...


The dining room...


A sitting lounge...

The library...


Outside of the residence are beautiful flowers...


I saw this statue in someones window and liked it.


Bill, my mother, and Inez.


Tomorrow we will be leaving at 9:00am to miss some of the traffic. It stays dark until after 7:00am, so we will have breakfast and leave. I decided to leave later hoping to miss some of the traffic and also wanted to make sure it was light outside since I am in an uncharted territory. I need to remember to get in the correct lane for the toll-way. We will be staying in Emporia, Kansas on Thursday evening and at the Northwood Country Inn and Suites in Northwood, Iowa (www.diamondjo.com) on Friday. Then stop at Julie's on Saturday.

We are having a great trip...I hate to see it end! My back seat and trunk are full...I am even bringing home two good size pieces of red lava rock...one piece is behind my mother's seat and the other is in the middle of my cargo area with everything else tucked gingerly around it. Bill knew my mother liked rocks so he gave her these two special red lava rocks. For sure my gas mileage will drop now.

No comments: