Memories...old and new!...http://www.moendm.smugmug.com/

Wednesday, October 8, 2008...Southwest Trip

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

I have added to my blog for today. I didn't want the hassle of changing anything on my previous blog of today so I am starting a new posting. Be sure to read my first blog for today below this posting.

This picture was taken outside of Gallup, New Mexico. I wanted to show you the poverty in that area...makes our homes look like palaces.


We had dinner at Max and Thelma's. We purchased a package for the Grand Canyon which included meals, hotel room for two nights, and Grand Canyon tour.

This is the inside of Max and Thelma's where we had dinner tonight.




Outside of Max and Thelma's there was a horse and buggy. At first I thought the horse was fake...he was so still...then I smelled him. Yup...he's real.


These are some of the statues in the lobby of the hotel...gets you in the western mood.


The light was in the center of the lobby.


I am done for the evening...going in my room to watch Sons of Anarchy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The place you are staying at looks absolutely beautiful! Glad you're enjoying your trip. Gas in EC = $3.15. Yeah! ME and Kathy are down w/ the cold/crud. I'm crossing my fingers.
Leslie