Memories...old and new!...http://www.moendm.smugmug.com/

Thanksgiving Weekend

Sunday, November 29, 2009
(click on photos to enlarge)

We had a great Thanksgiving and so much to be thankful for. We celebrated our Thanksgiving on Friday. Julie came to Eau Claire on Thursday and Jennifer, Chris, and children came on Friday. Pat and Terry also joined us on Friday for dinner. It was great to have everyone together!


=====================

We had birthdays this month.
Jill's birthday was before mine...
my birthday was on Thanksgiving this year.

Jill with her gift.

This is our staff in the Field Experience Office.
Jill, Terry, and myself.

=====================

Tooth update...Meggie called me a few weeks ago with the news that she lost her second tooth in school...she was wiggling the tooth and it fell out on the floor. With Meggies two front teeth missing she can sing the song "All I Want for Christmas Is My Two Front Teeth".

"All I Want for Christmas Is My Two Front Teeth" is a novelty Christmas Song written in 1944 by Donald Yetter Gardner while teaching music at public schools in Smithtown, New York. He asked his second grade class what they wanted for Christmas, and noticed that almost all of the students had at least one front tooth missing as they answered in a lisp. Gardner wrote the song in 30 minutes. In a 1995 interview, Gardner said, "I was amazed at the way that silly little song was picked up by the whole country." The song was published in 1948 after an employee of Witmark music company heard Gardner sing it at a music teachers conference.

Handsome Matthew

=====================

"Girls Night"
We went to Lorie Line on Saturday evening.

Meggie waiting for the show to begin...
she brought her jingle bells.

Lorie Line really puts on a show.
Her costumes are beautiful and
she has several costume changes.


It has been Lorie's tradition to dress the
children in costumes and have them join Santa Claus
(Lorie's husband..Mr. Lorie Line)
sing the "Twelve Days of Christmas".
Meggie was a turtle dove (see red arrow below Meggie).
Santa Claus with Lorie Line.

From Lorie Line...
Not only am I a musician, but I am also the mother of two children...a 15-year old son who loves to snowboard, wake board, dance, go to concerts, and listen to music, and a 20-year old daughter who now lives in Colorado. My day starts at 6:00 a.m. in my kitchen with my son and my husband and business-partner, Tim.


We are probably the typical family who hustles in the morning by getting breakfast on, schedules lined up for the day, book bags ready to go, and finally kisses and "I love you" as everyone runs out the door. My daughter is now in college, so it's just the three of us at home now. So, Tim drops off our son each day at his school. I get my own time to tidy the house, work out and get ready to go to either Studio L, my recording studio next door, or Lorie Line Music, my office in Wayzata.

At Lorie Line Music, the Wayzata office, we have two full-time employees, two part-time employees, plus Tim and me. Tim and I are business partners who run Lorie Line Music, our little grass-roots company I started in the basement of my home in 1989. We have a funky 50-year old office building located in the heart of downtown Wayzata, Minnesota, across from the Post Office, which we renovated to include a fully operational kitchen, a costume fitting room, and a Cappuccino bar (we are ALL coffee lovers - especially Tim). Our office is 15 minutes from downtown Minneapolis and two blocks from beautiful Lake Minnetonka, where there are many unique shops and restaurants. In the summer, since our home is on the lake, and our office is one block off the lake, Tim and I sometimes splurge and boat to work.

My day is either spent in this building or at Studio L (my recording studio next to my house). At the Wayzata office, all the publishing for my recordings and sheet music books are done here. The arrangements, choreography, stage set and costume designs for my concert tours are also conceptualized and created right here in my office. Even the costume fittings for the Pop Chamber Orchestra and myself take place on the 2nd floor of Lorie Line Music. And all of my CDs are shipped to retail stores and fans nationally right from this office (good thing the Wayzata Post Office is located right across the street). We even have a retail store where you can shop for all my music. I hope you'll stop by if you're ever in the area.

=====================

The weekend was great and went by much too fast...Monday meant school for the Julie, Jennifer, and the children. Monday also meant work for Jennifer, Chris and myself. I had a four day weekend and that was terrific! WE HAVE NO SNOW! How great is that!

No comments: