Memories...old and new!...http://www.moendm.smugmug.com/

Trip to Richardson, Texas...

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

We are on our way to Richardson, Texas. My Uncle Bill (man on left) passed on Saturday, January 24, 2009. Bill was married to my mother's sister, Inez (on right)...he was a very nice person...we will miss him!

We will be in Richardson on Thursday afternoon. The funeral is Saturday, we will then leave for home on Sunday and be in Eau Claire on Monday afternoon...phew.


We left Eau Claire at 6:30am (I am on a schedule!) and it was -16 below zero...burrr! Roads were in excellent condition...couldn't have asked for a better driving day. As you can see Iowa still has snow...but...the temperature did go up to 1 above zero....still darn cold!

Missouri still had spots of snow, but not very much...looks like an early Spring in Eau Claire.

The closer to Kansas City we got the less snow we saw and it got warmer!
We are staying at the Fairview Inn and Suites in Olathe, Kansas. The temperature is 36 degrees ABOVE zero! Heat wave. When I was putting gas in the car I noticed I was the only person with a light fleece jacket on...everyone else was bundled up...go figure.

Driving around Kansas City during rush hour wasn't too bad. We decided to follow the trip routing from AAA...never again! My GPS wanted to route us on I-35 right through Kansas City so we had to "trick" it and decided to use AAA's routing which was I435 south...it was so messed up, so we switched to the GPS and had no problem. I always rely on GPS and sometimes it does need to be "tricked" and takes a few exits to recalculate to get back on track. But I will not be relying on AAA anymore.

Thank you to ALL who checked in tonight to see if we made it and how the roads were. We appreciate it!

They have a fitness area at the hotel and yes, I did get my exercise in (total weight loss as of 01/27 is 17.4lbs).

We will be leaving, again, at 6:30am (remember, I am on a schedule!). We will be in Richardson, Texas tomorrow afternoon...I will update tomorrow night.

No comments: