Memories...old and new!...http://www.moendm.smugmug.com/

FEO Christmas Party - 2008

Friday, December 19, 2008

My office had their annual Christmas party today. But, before we look at pictures of the party I must wish someone, very special to me, a happy birthday.

Thirty-one years ago today at 5:05am Julie was born...weighing in at 9lbs and 22 inches long....phew!


HAPPY 31st BIRTHDAY JULIE!!!!!!



I work with some very nice people. We have a great time...most days...each day is one day closer to retirement!

Leslie, MaryEdna, Lucianne

We went to Grizzly's for lunch...
when we arrived Jill had to hand out a few presents early.
Everyone got candy, nuts or trail mix...everyone but me!
Mary Edna and her chocolate covered peanuts from Jill...
they looked so good!

Since I am on a diet, Jill gave ME scratch-off tickets.

I have NEVER bought scratch-off tickets so I was clueless as to what to do.
Jill was happy to show me how the scratch-off tickets worked.
(I think Jill has bought a few of these before.)
Little did I know how simple it was.

The winning tickets...I won three dollars!
This was our waiter...he had a slight accent...
was from Tennessee...AND he doesn't mind the cold and snow.

Kathy, Mary Edna, Deb, Jill, Leslie

The traveling bow. Mary Edna gave Jill a gift for her birthday with this bow.
Jill didn't want the bow so I took the bow. When I gave Jill her birthday present I put the (used) bow that Mary Edna had originally given to her on her present. So, then Jill kept the bow and put the bow on a Christmas gift to Mary Edna. (Guess you had to be there.)

Mary Edna is the gift wrapper in the building...she does an excellent job! She loves to wrap gifts. Everyone brings in their gifts to Mary Edna for her to wrap.Here is a small example of her work.


Opening the gifts...





This is a joke between Jill and myself...I bought these coupons, that Jill was hawking, for Community Day for $5.00. Well, they had to be used a certain weekend AND I was out of town that weekend. Therefore, I couldn't use them (cost me $5.00) so I decided since I bought them from Jill and I couldn't use the coupons I figured I would re-gift the useless coupons back to Jill.

What can I say!

The party was just too much for Mary Edna.

Well, we are done for another year. As you can see we have a lot of fun in our office...makes the time go faster (another year closer to retirement). Lucky Mary Edna will be retiring in April 2009...she will be missed.

No comments: