Memories...old and new!...http://www.moendm.smugmug.com/

Thrift Sale 2009

Saturday, August 8, 2009
(click on pictures to enlarge)

Update on Topsy Turvy...we have two red tomatoes! There are three tomato plants and lots and lots of tomatoes. We are hoping that we don't get a bad storm that will destroy the plants.

If you look closely in this picture you can see our first red tomato.


Our second red tomato.

Update on the lily...the lily has grown and has beautiful flowers.

The flowers are in a circle...you can see the two stems fused together.

Taft Avenue Annual Thrift Sale - 2009

Today was our annual block thrift sale. We had seven houses that went together and had thrift sales...we advertised the sale early.

My sign.

Linda and Chuck's sign.

I spent most of the week getting my garage and items organized. Since I had a State mandated furlough on Friday I was "fortunate" to be able to do most of my organizing on Friday. We had storms...lightening and thundering ALL last night...so we were all tired.

Linda and Chuck

My precious items.

While I was working "someone" was working on her crossword puzzle.

Catherine and Mary

Julia and Andy

Linda and Marty on Fillmore

Sherrie and Carlo on Fillmore

903's "little shxxx" also decided to open their own thrift sale.

People, people, people...they came with their dogs...

they came in cars...

and they walked.

One of the many people who come every year to our thrift sales.

The weather held out much of the day...it was getting pretty warm in the afternoon...but...we all had a great thrift sale! Thrift sale next year. I know I said I wasn't going to do this again...but...I only say that when I am setting up. We missed you Jim and Kay.

Thrift Sale August 2010!

We are going to the Cities on Sunday to celebrate my Matthew's SIXTH birthday! I will have many pictures to post when I return.

No comments: