Memories...old and new!...http://www.moendm.smugmug.com/

Weekend in the Cities

Sunday, June 21, 2009
(click on photo to enlarge)

I went to the Cities on Thursday evening. Julie and I went to dinner at, of course, Olive Garden to discuss our plans for the next few days. Our plans were to paint her living room and install new curtain rods for her new curtains.

Friday...in the morning we began our day of painting. Julie and I work well together especially while painting...I start on the right side of the wall and she, being left handed, starts on the left side of the wall. We never bump into each other.




We were about an hour into our painting and Jennifer called and invited us to Matthew's ball class. It was his last day and family could come and watch the children.

The sports arena is located in Forest Lake. So we stopped our painting, took showers and went to Forest Lake to see Matthew. The played football, T-ball, soccer and ran the track.

Matthew is waiting for his turn to hit the ball.



Matthew's turn to bat!


They ran the track...


and ran the track...

and ran the track.


Matthew played soccer.


Matthew kicking the soccer ball to his Dad.


The "fans".


Matthew played hopscotch.


Matthew's best friend.


They had a pizza party for the children after the games.


We then went back to Julie's to finish painting.


Saturday...since we did finish painting the living room on Friday we had Saturday to find new curtain rods. We went to Lowe's and Julie actually found some nice curtain rods on our first stop that she liked. I almost fainted. Julie likes to "think" about how the item would look in her home. I was pleased she found some curtain rods right away and liked them!

We stopped over at Chris and Jennifer's before going back to Julie's. Jennifer had to work that evening so she was sleeping and Matthew was also resting.

Meggie took us a on a tour of their new playhouse (shed) that their Dad had built for them. After the children are no longer using the playhouse Chris will use it for a shed.

Our tour guide.


Matthew chose to paint his side grey...


and Meggie chose to paint her side purple.


Chris made a swing in the tree for the children to play on.


And, of course, Meggie can climb on the tree.


Meggie has some new "ink" on her neck.


And some new "ink" on her leg.


Jennifer and Chris have done some nice landscaping around their house and Jennifer's flowers are big and beautiful...my mother is a bit jealous.








Back to Julie's house...Julie decided to purchase a painting she had been looking at. She has two other paintings by this artist.

Her newest painting...


this is Julie's first painting is by this artist...


this is Julie's second painting by this artist. I get a glare (lines across the bottom) from the front room window.


Julie's living room windows are 87 inches wide so we had to make sure the curtain rods were long enough. We got home and took one of the rods out of the box and discovered that the curtains would not fit around the rod...dang...so back to Lowe's to return the rods. I knew it was too good to be true. We then decided to go to Kohl's. She actually found another set of curtain rods she liked even better than the ones a Lowe's. We made the purchase..went home...put the curtain rods up...put the curtains on the curtain rods..the curtains fit on the rods. I was surprised how easy the brackets went up. Everything went smooth!

This is a "before" picture of her living room...


This is an "after" picture of her living room with new paint and new curtains.


This is a "before" picture of the fireplace...


This is an "after" picture of her fireplace with new paint and new picture.


We both were very pleased with the new changes in her living room. Her living room looks like a model room it is so pretty!

Sunday...I left for home around 1:30. It rained all the way to Menomonie and then stopped raining for a few minutes once I arrived at the Red Cedar Retreat (Jill and Andrea's cabin).

My plan was to stop at Jill and Andrea's cabin on pea green Lake Menomin on my way home to Eau Claire. Jill and I work together...she is my supervisor...we have a great time at work. Makes my time at work go fast.

I arrived at "the cabin" around 3:00pm. I called Jill to get directions...what did we do before GPS and cell phones!

I got the grand tour of the Red Cedar Retreat.



The dirt pile.


Andrea telling us..." it's raining!"


The back of their cabin.


The side of their cabin. The windows are to the living room which has a nice fireplace.


This is Phil.


The front of the cabin looks out onto pea green Lake Menomin.


The bird baths in their flower gardens.



The "dead" pontoon on pea green Lake Menomin.


Beautiful Sophie. They have a dog...she has problems (ADHD)...so no picture of Roxie.


We were sitting in the living room and saw this deer across pea green Lake Menomin.


I told Jill I wanted to take a pictue of them by their Jill and Andrea sign. Jill didn't want to have her picture taken dressed the way she was. So I quickly snapped this picture of Jill and told her I would post this picture on my blog if she didn't let me take a picture of she and Andrea by their sign. Well, I lied...I posted the picture anyways!


Jill and Andrea...what a nice retreat you have...thank you for inviting me for a visit.


I got home around 5pm...ate dinner and went for a walk with my friend who had just gotten back from Arizona. I sure wish we were going to New Mexico and Arizona this year...maybe next year. Anyways, had a really, really great weekend...back to work on Monday!

No comments: